NSN Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Grey Water Resources (1 viewing) (1) Guests
Go to bottom Post Reply Favoured: 0
TOPIC: Grey Water Resources
rbowers ()
Neighborhood Activist
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Grey Water Resources 8 Years, 4 Months ago  
I will add to this thread over time. After reviewing many sources about grey water reuse (yes, the current spelling is "grey" for this subject), I recommend requesting a publication of the Water Conservation Alliance of Southern Arizona which is available from Tucson Water: "Graywater Guidelines." I also recommend reading or obtaining the Arizona Dept. of Environmental Quality brochure "Using Gray Water At Home," which includes Arizona's regulations and a brief discussion of grey water.
http://www.azdeq.gov/environ/water/permits/download/graybro.pdf

I do want to point out some misinformation which will be found in some of the resources from the City and from Tucson Water, in more than one source. Grey water may be used for surface irrigation within one's own property. Water from kitchen sinks and dishwashers cannot be emptied to a grey water system. No permit is required to have a grey water system; the permit is implicit by following the rules/regulation from AzDEQ (above). Pima Co. DEQ has no jurisdiction over the residential use of grey water.

Sources:
City of Tucson DSD
Tucson Water
AzDEQ
Council Person Glassman, City of Tucson
Marc Herman, Principal Hydrologist, Pima Co. DEQ

Report to moderator   Logged Logged  

Last Edit: 2009/07/04 04:52 By rbowers.
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Go to top Post Reply