NSN Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Infill Done Right (1 viewing) (1) Guests
Go to bottom Post Reply Favoured: 0
TOPIC: Infill Done Right
dsijams ()
NSN Coordinator
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Infill Done Right 9 Years, 10 Months ago  
"Infill Done Right" is the term I've settled on to capture what Tucson needs. This automatically brings to mind the opposite, "Infill Done Wrong," which people rightly hate. One major byproduct of Infill Done Wrong is reinforcement of NIMBY reactions. But we need to move to a higher plane.

"Infill Done Right" works from the premise that Tucson needs higher residential density for any number of reasons. Nostalgia for the wide-open spaces of yore has to be gently but firmly put aside in favor of a realistic vision of where Tucson needs to go.

Cutting to the chase, this argument, if adopted, leads to a wide variety of people saying something like: "I want my historic neighborhood to have higher residential density, if the related infill is done right. If not in my neighborhood, then where? I will not put up with Infill Done Wrong, but I will actively seek and support Infill Done Right.

This may be a pretty bald-faced way to state it, but we need to cut through a lot of undergrowth to get to the essence.

Report to moderator   Logged Logged  

Last Edit: 2008/01/15 18:29 By dsijams.

Retired Advanced Certified Law Enforcement Planner
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Go to top Post Reply